Phone: (480) 947.6788
Reduction Mammaplasty, more commonly known as breast reduction, is a procedure designed to remove excess fat, glandular tissue and skin from a patient in order to achieve smaller and more proportional breasts.
Breast reduction is performed for several reasons including the alleviation of back, neck and shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps and irritation beneath the breast crease because of excess rubbing. Disproportionately large or sagging breasts can also interfere with a patient's self-image.
The emotional anxiety and self-consciousness often associated with large, sagging breasts is as significant to many women as the physical discomfort and pain.
Breast reduction is a highly individualized procedure and the decision to have this surgery is a personal one. This procedure can be done at any age; however Dr. Beals recommends that it be done after breasts are fully developed.
The effects of reduction mammaplasty will be long-lasting and the new shape, lift and size of your breasts will allow you to perform many activities that were not comfortable to you prior to your breast reduction surgery. Having the procedure will give you more than just smaller, firmer breasts; you will also get significant relief from many physical and emotional discomforts, a new sense of freedom in your lifestyle and exercise routines and the ability to wear a greater variety of clothing.
Patients who benefit most from Reduction Mammaplasty are those who:
- Experience back, neck and/or shoulder pain directly associated with the size of their breasts
- Suffer from self-conscious issues because of their breast appearance
- Have breasts that hang low, have stretched skin or nipples which fall below the breast crease when unsupported
- Consider their breasts too large or disproportional to their body
- Believe their breasts interfere with routine and physical activities
- Are well-adjusted and physically healthy
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure